Thursday 15 August 2019

Memoirs !

Reminiscences of Jhajharpur was fading out & Siwan was making its presence felt in my psyche . It is wonderful feeling of growing up & I was treated as a big boy . My admission was in class IV in Victoria Memorial School & I was pushed in the false belief of  passing matriculation at 11 years of age as my mother wished . My school was in front of Papa's office so I had always a chance of sneak peep in Papa's office where I was treated with due respect by staff as I was Sahib's son & teachers of my school were treating me with kids glove . In my view Siwan was not a bad place at all  !


We had a 'PASS' of Dabar talkies & mother availed it in her own imitable style of watching movie in the evening between 7.30 to 8 'O' clock & residual part of the movie in last show of the night . Whenever I was asked ,whether I have done my school homework & I feigned ,it had been done in a proper way & my ardent look to accompany her  to Darbar talkies was conceded & frankly speaking  , it was conceded every time.

Darbar talkies provided a very different ambience & in that era movie was sole source of entertainment. But one thing was astounding.  The viewers got involved in the plot like any thing & many teenager girls & women were  invoking God , repeatedly chanting prayers to save hero or heroin who went in distress. This very instinct is visible in present time in cricket mach ,when sacred talisman were kissed repeatedly to have desired result by teenagers . Human instinct die hard irrespective of time!

                                       I also remember , in a particular ending scene of film Anarkali , I found my self thoroughly drained & depressed & in tears when Anarkali played by Bina Roy was masoned alive by the diktat of emperor Akbar & prince Salim played by Prdeep Kumar, some how frees himself from prison & runs to save his beloved  Anarkali.


ये जिन्दगी उसी की है ,जो किसी का हो गया ,
प्यार   ही में खो गया ,
Crooning of this song  was heart wrenching by forlorn Anarkali , masoned alive & trajic effort of Salim to save his beloved soaked me in tears & it is unforgettable moment of my life which was pure & unpolluted at that time .

My maternal grand father was great film buff & enjoyed any film to boot In any film when hero pinned down vilian , he directed hero to land his punches  in which part of vilian's body made hilarious to his co-viewers . His involvement in films was complete ! I addressed him as Nana ! He was posted at Purnia.& from Purnia to Siwan there was direct railway train . I was very happy as I had a chance to visit my maternal grandpa's place & I was waiting for the opportunity.



Continued........ .

.
    


No comments:

Post a Comment